Thursday 24 July 2014

Keeping fit and healthy!

Hello! I'm Beth and welcome to my blog! Over the past year, i have tried my hardest to keep fit and healthy. I got a gym membership at the beginning of last year to start this off. There are several tips and advice i would love to share with everyone about keeping healthy.

Firstly, WATER IS YOUR BEST FRIEND! Try and drink 2 litres of water a day. Yes, this may be very hard but i promise you, you will see results in no time. This is the first step i took to start off a healthy lifestyle and i started to see changes even in the first week. Drink water before and after every single meal you have a day. Drinking water before meals fills you up and drinking water after meals helps to digest up your food. Drinking water can also flush out any bad toxins and cells in your body. I didn't used to drink as much water as you are supposed to, and i started getting really bad migraines every single week. I didn't know why i was getting these migraines and i had several tests on my eyes to check if it was anything to do with my eyesight, but it wasn't. It was because i wasn't drinking as much water as i was supposed to be drinking and i got dehydrated. That is how important water is in your diet! Drink up!

Secondly, try and do atleast an hour of exercise a day. Even if you don't like exercise, going for a little walk everyday can help over time! Also, i know that not everyone can afford gym memberships, so if you can't don't worry! I started off by watching YouTube videos. This was great for me, because you can do it in the comfort of your own home, and best of all, for free without any equipment. Not only does exercise help you lose fat and get healthier, it also helps you to relieve stress. Recently, i bought new gym clothing including trainers, trousers, sports bra and a top all by Nike.

Thirdly, getting healthy is 80% of what you eat, and 20% of what exercise you do. So, what you are putting into your body is very important. Also, breakfast is the most important meal of your day! a few years ago, i never used to eat breakfast and i used to hate it. I used to go to school on a empty stomach, and then eat more for my lunch and tea. I soon started to realise that that was not good for me at all. Now, i love to make fruit smoothies for my breakfast as it is a perfect start to my day. It refreshes me and wakes me up a lot! Also, throughout the day, i have tried to cut out all the fatty foods from my diet. These include crisps, chocolate and biscuits. I did start to see a change!

So remember, little steps can go a long way! Why not start today?

'Do something today that your future self will thank you for. Take small steps at a time to go a long way' 

2 comments:

  1. I liked your post. Very helpful! :) Beautiful page btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Madeline. Your blog looks very good too!

      Delete